FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

11 December 2011

Jesus & a Merry Christmas

Jesus. 
His name is Wonderful: this takes care of the dullness of life. We no longer need to live on the cheap substitutes of the world in order to have excitement and enjoyment. Jesus Christ makes everything wonderful.
His name is Counselor: this takes care of the decisions of life. We no longer will be baffled by the problems of life, wondering what step to take next. With Jesus Christ as our Counselor, we will have the wisdom that we need to make the right decision.
His name is The Mighty God: this takes care of the demands of life. And life is demanding! Sometimes we feel like giving up; but through Jesus Christ we can have the strength that we need to continue--and to conquer.
his name is The Everlasting Father: this takes care of the dimensions of life. We can become a part of eternity! A whole new dimension of living can be ours through Jesus Christ, when the government of our life on His shoulders.
His name is The Prince of Peace: this takes care of the disturbances of life. How we long for lasting peace within! What we would not give for the secret of poise and confidence in a threatening world! The answer is--Jesus Christ. he is the Prince of Peace, and when He controls the government of your life, He gives you peace. (Warren Wiersbe, His Name Is Wonderful, Tyndale House, 1976, page 17)


Jesus:
Wonderful!
Counselor!
The Mighty God!
The Everlasting Father!
The Prince of Peace!

I hope you have made Him 
your Counselor, 
your Mighty God, 
your Everlasting Father, 
your Prince of Peace.  
Because then you can truly have a merry Christmas!

(this is what I am reciting at a Seniors' Luncheon at our local Bible conference--my siblings are all playing piano/violin but as I haven't touched the piano in a long while I'm reciting this. thought I would share with you because it has such truth in it.) 

Love in Christ,

3 comments:

Madie Marie

Today in church, our sermon was EXACTLY this!

Joy

That's a lovely reflection on this passage, Emily. I pray that the meeting will be blessed :).

Karissa Noelle

I do love it! Thanks for sharing, Emily! It blessed me!

Love In Christ,
Karissa
Isaiah 40:31

Post a Comment

Leave your thought...