FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

14 November 2011

14NOV2011 a miscellany monday


{1}
I had my first 'collision' with another vehicle yesterday--what an experience! Driving my dad's huge, stick shift, ginormous, diesel, monstrous, black pickup truck home from Church. Scary. This was my second time driving it. Right after I turned onto the road heading home a little vehicle turned afterwards and proceeded to drive right on my tail. Lets just say he was not happy that I was going the speed limit. I was busy concentrating on shifting gears while staying on my side of the road going around tight mountainous turns. I approach an intersection at the top of the hill. Downshift then brake. I'm still not quite sure what I did, but the truck rolled backwards a few feet. Remember how the guy was on my tail? Yeah, I tapped his bumper. A honking horn, words in anger, and a shaking fist was the response I got from the irate driver. Nearly every other word he said to my dad and me was unwholesome. Yay. My dad got out of the truck and went to examine the damage. He said that you could barely tell that there had been a collision. The other man said that his $500 bumper was ruined. Pictures were taken and words were exchanged. After probably fifteen minutes we left. Supposedly he is going to file a court claim. Driving a manual transmission diesel truck is not my idea of fun, but it could have been worse--much worse. =P Who knows? Maybe my driving the speed limit (and keeping him at it too) saved him a turn too quickly taken and a totaled car as opposed to a mark on his bumper? I'm just glad that it is over and grateful to my Daddy who handled the situation so well. =)

{2}
I'm finished with my history project on propaganda in the U.S. during WWI. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I'll see if my teacher is as happy as I am...sometime...whenever he gets around to grading it...

{3}
Please be praying for my grandma--she was in the hospital this past week for her heart. It had an irregular beat and was too fast. They have her on new medication now.
{3}
I wrote my heart out in a guest post over at Living on Literary Lane today [here].  Head on over to read! (while you're there leave Elizabeth a sweet little note to read when she comes back from her blogging break)
 

How was your Monday?

In Christ,

8 comments:

Jenn Noelle

Ohh, an experience like that--even if it could have been worse than just tapping a bumper--would have terrified me, especially with an angry driver. You seem to have handled it quite well! :)

Anonymous

Mine was good. Very. ;)
That is awful about that driver! Man. That must have stunk. But it is his own fault, so who cares, right? Let's hope he doesn't file.
I'll be praying for your grandma.
God bless!

Emily Grace

Jennoelle - Really it was my Daddy who handled it well--tears were shed on my part. ;)

Ashlyn Nicole - Thank you for praying! Actually it was my fault too, if I hadn't rolled backwards I wouldn't have hit him no matter how close he was. =)

Karissa Noelle

I will be praying for your Grandma, Emily!

Oohh boy! What an experience. I don't drive yet, so have had none of those! I hope nothing big comes out of it!

Will be praying for that, as well!

I haven't left a comment for you in a while. I didn't read many blogs/posts through the summer, and therefore didn't comment, but I am back!! :)

Have a great day!

Love In Christ,
Karissa <33

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Unsilenced

My Monday was good. Nothing really exciting happened, but it sure sounded like you had an interesting experience with the other drive, and good job on completing your history project (I want to read, if possible), and I'll be praying for your grandmother. Saw your post on LIVING ON LITERARY LANE, and it was well composed. Keep up the good work! (Please check out my blog @ http://frombehindthepulpit.blogspot.com/ and possibly comment or use the reaction buttons)

Anonymous

Hi Emily Grace! Do you have a blogroll tutorial??{i had one on my blog, but i had to remove it:(

Emily Grace

Thank you all for praying! =)

Rebecca - Do you mean a scrolling button widget? I a have a tutorial for it [here].

Anonymous

Thanks Emily Grace! That's what I was looking for!:)

Post a Comment

Leave your thought...