FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

08 March 2011

Tuesday's Tips -Hiding the Blogger Navbar

Ever wanted to hide that ugly navbar at the top of your blog without getting rid of the useful links it provides? Read on, my friend, for this very simple trick!

1.) Search for
<body>

2.) Copy and paste this right above that.

<style type='text/css'>
#navbar {
display:inline;
width:100%;
position:absolute;
background-color:transparent;
top:-30px;
left:0px;
height:60px;
z-index:999999;
}
#navbar:hover{
top:0px;
height:30px;
}
</style>

Sorry, but I don't have time today to dissect the code and show you how you can customize it.  Maybe I'll come back later and include that.
Feel free to tinker with it yourself. =)
If you have any questions let me know and I'll get back to you asap.

Have a lovely day!

Sister in Christ,

8 comments:

♫book blogger

Sounds good!
♥ book blogger

{Grace}

thanks so much!

Joy

Hey Emily,
I was just looking at this... and I tried to find the code above and couldn't find it! So what do I do?

Emily Grace

Joy - That's strange, I've never come across a template that doesn't have that piece of code. Try pasting it below this piece of code: [/head] --where [ and ] are replaced with < and >. Let me know if that works for you or not. =)

Joy

Oh thanks, Emily! It works now :). Btw, I tried this on a test blog. I'm just wondering... you know my real blog... the one that Hannah's designed for me? Well, it doesn't have a navebar appearing. So would I still be able to do this?

Emily Grace

Joy - You would still be able to use this code on your other blog. First you would have to delete this piece of code that makes the navbar disappear: #navbar-iframe { display: none !important; }

Joy

Thanks! It worked and it wasn't hard! P.S. love your Tuesday Tips <3

Anonymous

Thank you SO SO SO SO SOOOOO much! I am so happy I found out! Thanks!!!

(my blog) < EmmasPic.blogspot.com

LOL (LoveOurLord!),
Emma

Post a Comment

Leave your thought...