FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

26 February 2012

My Jesus Fair


My Jesus Fair

My Jesus fair, was pierced by thorns
By thorns grown from the fall
Thus He who gave the curse was torn
To end that curse for all

O love divine, O matchless grace
That God should die for men!
With joyful grief I lift my praise,
Abhorring all my sin, adoring only Him


My Jesus meek, was scorned by men,
By men in blasphemy
"Father, forgive their senseless sin!"
He prayed, for them, for me

My Jesus kind, was torn by nails,
By nails of cruel men
And to His cross, as grace prevailed
God pinned my wretched sin

My Jesus pure, was crushed by God
By God, in judgement just
The Father grieved, yet turned His rod
On Christ, made sin for us

My Jesus strong, shall come to reign,
To reign in majesty
The Lamb arose, and death is slain
Lord, come in victory!

This song has been playing through my head throughout this past week. =) My Jesus...

3 comments:

C

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing Emily!

Sarah C.

I love this hymn, Emily. Thanks for sharing!
God Bless,
Sarah (from) gemsinhistory-sarah.blogspot.com

Karissa Noelle

Love it, Emily! Thanks for sharing!

Oh! I tagged you over at my blog, if you have the time! If not, that's totally fine, but I couldn't think of anyone else to tag. ♥ (http://www.setapartgirl4christ2.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-youre-it.html)

Love In Christ,
Karissa Noelle││Romans 12 <3

Post a Comment

Leave your thought...