FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

01 April 2011

Updates on Life, Photos, & Spring Birds

First off, I'm very sorry for not posting for what, two weeks?! where has the time gone...
Well, I can tell you that my time has been taken up with school, dance, school, dance, school...
I had a dance competition last weekend and I have another one this weekend.  That makes for lots of extra practices.  Last weekend went pretty well--despite some last minute changes--and my dances received gold, high gold, and two platinums. This weekend should go much better, I think. =D Now, where was I...
Oh, yes. school, dance, school, a trip to...
can you guess?
If you said Washington D.C. you're correct! =D  I so enjoyed the warmer weather. Well, it was slightly warmer--it stayed in the 40's but that's an improvement over the teens!  Sunshine and no snow was also a bonus. =)  Plus the cherry blossoms were at their peak!
(lots more photos coming soon on my photography blog...hopefully, soon. I've run out of space on blogger for images...any suggestions? I'm thinking about flicker...)


Another highlight of the trip was eating at...

Chick-fil-a!!! =D (we don't have them near my home) That's the only photo I have of our treat--I was too busy enjoying my lemonade, chicken sandwich, and waffle fries with Chick-fil-a sauce. =D


Oh, speaking of Chick-fil-a, [this] is the funniest April Fools joke I've come across today. =P

And speaking of fools, I love this quote:


‎"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
--Abraham Lincoln





Now on to Spring Birds...
Notice anything different around here? Yup, I changed the design! I was getting sick of the snow and decided to go with something more 'springy'. I'm still tweaking a few things, but for the most part it is done. The original design I planned came to a screeching halt when I came across some difficulty with html. (bother html ...) So this is different than what I planned, but I love the birdies! =)

What think you? =P

Have a wonderful weekend my friends!

Love in Christ,

7 comments:

Näna

Oh, you should have told me you were in DC! I live only a few minutes away! Love the pics. The cherry blossoms are so lovely although the crowds make traffic pretty much unbearable so we hardly ever go to see them. :)

Love the new design. So very bright and fresh.

Blessings!
--Näna

Hannah

I loev your new design! =)

I just wanted to let you know I'm hosting a fashion week, starting tomorrow. I hope you can participate. Visit my blog for more detail! =)

~Miss Grace~

A Reformed Hippie

Cool pictures. And I LOVE your new blog design.

Jessica

Emily that is SOOOOO cool! I've always wanted to go to D.C. Now your pictures make me want to go even more! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. :)

That Chick-fil-a joke was hilarious! And the new design is phenomenal. It kind of reminds me of a Japanese style. =]

Emily Ann

I love the new design it's adorable!

I didn't know they had Chick-Fil-A's that far north! Last time I went to D.C. there was not a Chick-Fil-A in sight. Where I live we have them on practically every major business place.

In Christ,
Emily Ann

Emily Grace

Näna - I had no idea you were so close to where we went! I would have loved to meet you! =D Oh well, we were kind of on a tight schedule as it was.

Thanks so much for all your sweet little notes! They really do make my day. =)

Anonymous

I love Chik-Fil-A! :D :D

Post a Comment

Leave your thought...