FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

07 June 2011

Tuesday's Tips -Hiding the Video Part of Embedded YouTube Videos

EDIT: With the newest YouTube videos this tutorial will not work well. You can no longer see the menu/slider at the bottom, instead it is all squashed together.


Super long title, I know. =P But how else was I to describe it?! Anyways, this is a really simple little trick that does hide the video part of an embedded You Tube video. Basically it makes it just a music player instead of a video. So if you wanted to share a song but didn't want your readers to be distracted by the video part or if you didn't like the video part, this simple trick is what you'll need to know.



This is what it will look like when you're done.




So you take the code for the YouTube video that you want to share and copy/paste it into the 'Edit HTML' section of your post. This is what it will look like:

<iframe width="400" height="330" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-FribXzqHVE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


All you need to do is change the height to 27 like this:

<iframe width="400" height="27" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-FribXzqHVE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
It doesn't matter what size the video originally was, the bar part that you want seen is always 27. Except for every once in a while I've come across ones that are 25 instead--so be aware of these strange occurrences.



Ta-da! You did it--told ya it was simple. =)



Have a lovely Tuesday!



In Christ,

4 comments:

A Reformed Hippie

Wow! That was so simple. Thank you!

Unknown

Emily-this was great! Thank you so much!

Tonight I found a a wonderful song I wanted to share on my blog, but some of the pictures the person used in the youtube video I didn't like very much for various reasons....

And I remembered you did this post! Thank you dear!
~Melanie

Kyrie

Thank you for this great tutorial!!! I've been trying to figure out how to do this! Thanks so much for sharing!

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><

Anonymous

Oh, I LOVE this tutorial!!

Post a Comment

Leave your thought...