FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

17 May 2011

Tuesday's Tips -Adjusting the Width of your Blog

This tutorial was requested by Eliza. Here you go, Eliza! =)

The width of your blog is made up of three parts; the entire width of your blog, the posting area, and the sidebar(s). To put it into perspective: width of your blog = posting area + sidebar(s) .

To find the width of your blog search for this piece of code(or something similar):
#outer-wrapper {
width: 1100px;

To find the width of your posting area search for this bit of code(or something similar):
#main-wrapper {
width: 800px;

To find the width of your sidebar, search for this bit of code(or something similar):
#sidebar-wrapper {
width: 250px;

Feel free to play with the codes to get your blog width how you like it. Just make sure to keep your blog in proportion by following the equation: width of your blog = posting area + sidebar(s) . Also, if you have padding between your posting area and sidebar, you need to include that in your equation.
(can you tell I've been doing Algebra this morning?! =P)


If you have any questions, let me know!

Just so you know, I wrote several tutorials(including one covering blockquotes) last week. When blogger had it's little glitch, I lost all of those posts. Sooo....I don't really feel like rewriting them all over right now, but they are on the list. Gotta love technology sometimes, huh...

In Christ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thought...