FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

30 October 2011

Created for a Purpose

It is on mornings like this morning when I remember...


I am created to worship, to praise, to glorify God.

Right now, my family is a part of a Church plant in a nearby town. It started over the summer while I was at camp. Anyways, ever since coming home, I've been working downstairs with the 4 & 5 year-olds. Except for this morning.
We only have one service, so the Sunday-school classes for the kids are going on at the same time as the service upstairs. Last week a rotation schedule was arranged so that everyone has the opportunity to be upstairs every-other-week. This morning was the first time I've been a part of the audience and not doing something else during worship.

And oh, it was so good.

I don't remember the songs we sang, but it was so good to worship as a body of believers. I do remember the sermon, and it was very relevant. "How to be Rich" based on 1 Chronicles 29:10-16.

10 David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly, saying, “Praise be to you, LORD, the God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. 11 Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. 12 Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. 13 Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. 14 “But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand. 15 We are foreigners and strangers in your sight, as were all our ancestors. Our days on earth are like a shadow, without hope. 16 LORD our God, all this abundance that we have provided for building you a temple for your Holy Name comes from your hand, and all of it belongs to you.

Note that it wasn't on how to become rich but how to be rich. Because we are rich according to Proverbs 30:8-9. Do you have to steal to eat each day or do you have more food than you'll eat today? We are to act like stewards, not owners, because that is what we are. (all this abundance...comes from Your hand, and all of it belongs to you)  We are grateful stewards, not guilty ones. It was so good. Hebrews 10:24-25

Remembering is just half of it. The other half is obedience. So I obey--I worship, praise, and glorify my Savior!

Glorious
paul baloche
Look inside the mystery,
See the empty cross
See the risen Savior,
Victorious and strong
No one else above Him
None as strong to save
He alone has conquered,
The power of the grave

Look beyond the tombstone
See the living God
See the resurrected
The ruler of my heart
No one else above Him
None to match His worth
The hope of His returning
Fills the universe

Glorious, my eyes have the seen the glory of the Lord
Glorious, He stands above the rulers of the Earth
Glorious, glorious
Lord, You are glorious

(This is my one-hundredth post!)

Love in Christ,

1 comments:

Jenn Noelle

I love it when church is oh-so-good like that. That was actually this weekend for me too. I had to drag myself out of bed after being up super late with friends, but going to the service was totally worth it. God is good. (:

Post a Comment

Leave your thought...