FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

25 September 2014

In the Morning - a thankful thursday

(Remembering God's faithfulness to me this past year in this post--something I started writing back in February.)

In the morning I see His face,
In the evening His form I trace,
In the darkness His voice I know;
I see Jesus everywhere I go.



I wake up mumbling and bumbling about how it is just awful to be stuck in my room. Nevermind that I can sleep in and work on projects and write letters. I'm stuck in my room all day. For my fourth day in a row. For the eighth day in two weeks. with an ear and a sinus infection that just won't leave. and one round of antibiotics didn't work so I'm on a second. And I'm missing classes. but most of all I'm missing joy.

But there's a light coming in the window, and that light is the glory of God. Isn't that what God promised the Israelites when they grumbled against Him and complained about where He placed them?
Exodus 16:6-8
So Moses and Aaron said to all the people of Israel, "At evening you shall know that it was the LORD who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and in the morning you shall see the glory of the LORD, because he has heard your grumbling against the LORD. For what are we, that you grumble against us?" And Moses said, "When the LORD gives you in the evening meat to eat and in the morning bread to the full, because the LORD has heard your grumbling that you grumble against him—what are we? Your grumbling is not against us but against the LORD."
but why did God have the Israelites in the wilderness? To teach them who He is. And this is why He has me in my room this week: so that I may know Him more and glorify Him. 

And so I glorify Him by giving thanks for one gift at a time:

839: this joy in surrendered obedience

Psalm 104:31-34
May the glory of the LORD endure forever; 
may the LORD rejoice in his works,
who looks on the earth and it trembles, 
who touches the mountains and they smoke!
I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; 
I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
May my meditation be pleasing to him, 
for I rejoice in the LORD.


841: knowing this: it is God who does the work in my life, not me
842: second chances
843: the glory of God displayed in the sunrise this morning--the whole sky was on fire for Him

II Corinthians 3:18  
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thought...