FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

14 November 2013

The Preceding

The letting go always precedes the grace. Always. The breathing always precedes the living. Humbleness precedes the vessel's use. Brokenness precedes the healing.



I ask for the latter, not taking into account that the former comes with it.

I cannot except God's grace unless I first let go of my own pride and strengths.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I cannot live without breathing.

Genesis 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

I cannot be a vessel ready for use if I am not humble.

2 Timothy 2:21 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.

I cannot be healed unless I am broken.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.



These are truths. Do I really believe them? Then I will no longer pray just for the results, but also for the process--God's life changing and character building process. His truth will change my life. The heart-believing precedes the life-change.

Romans 10:9-10 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.