FYI: Posts will be sparse around here until I replace my laptop.... Coming back to work after Christmas break apparently was too hard and it quit on me!

08 May 2012

Tuesday's Tips - Customizing Comment Author Avatar Image

To customize the comment author's avatar image you're going to look for this code in your template:
#comments .avatar-image-container img

If you can't find it in your template, copy and paste it after this code:
#comments h4

The CSS inside the brackets {} following that code will control what your post titles look like.
You can customize the code however you'd like--be creative! You can use my CSS Basics posts on Borders, Backgrounds, Text, and Padding & Margins for specific codes. If you have any questions on how to do something specific, ask in a comment and I'll get back as soon as I can.

For example, my current post title code looks like this:

#comments .avatar-image-container img {
border: 0px solid white;
border-radius: 45px;
-moz-border-radius:45px;
-webkit-border-radius:45px;
margin-left:3px;
}

So if you take a look at my code:
      - the image does not have a border
      - the image has rounded corners with a radius of 45px (this is what make the image look like a circle)
      - the image has a margin of 3px on the left

4 comments:

Ruby J. Plank

I was wondering how you did this!

Annika

Ahhh, Emily!!! You're too good to me... I've learned so much with Tuesday's Tips! I should have commented before, but I was too busy stalking the Tuesday's Tips page, haha. I was JUST wondering how to customize avatars the other day, and lookie, it's right here. Thank you so, so much! I'm going to read the tutorial now... ^-^

Ruby J. Plank

How to you make your own blog background? and how do you put a fancy post divider on your blog?

Anonymous

Hi Emily! I just want to thank you so much for your Tuesday's Tips. I have wondered for the longest time how to do blockquotes, and change the avatar image, and a TON of stuff that you have done tutorials for.. And it's a big blessing! When I get my design done, and my blog open again, you'll have to come see:)

Hope you have a *great* afternoon:)
~Rebecca

Post a Comment

Leave your thought...